We convened an final open meeting of 2018 in the later part of October. In fact, we had thought of all of our meetings as 'board meetings', in which whoever showed up on that evening composed the board of this nascent museum.
In the last session, we tried to reflect on this question of the name and the word communism as a point of attraction, confusion, repulsion, refusal, investigation, resistance, reclamation, abandonment, obfuscation, disrepute, redemption, reinvention. There were five statements which were written down regarding the naming of the museum:
1. The question of the name. How to find a name that cannot be recouped?
2. I think if you are a real communist you will not care about the name and not even use it for yourself.
3. What’s in a name, what do you want it to be, do you want it to be self explanatory? Purpose of a name. Is it also a question of attraction? If you want to keep a certain openness then it is interesting to think of those who have absolutely no idea ...
4. If we are speaking about Palestine how to be able to move between different communities considering question of class and dispossession. Example statement, "the refugees, they changed the city." How to create a way to go between places, classes, communities, recognizing that there are indeed varying degrees of dispossession. A way to create an opening, also outside Palestine from the question of Palestine?
5. Mathaf Mashayi Falastini, Mathaf Shiuayi ...Return to Documents from Phase I
HOME DE-SCHOOL PHASE ONE MAILING LIST